Gillian Padgett, MISMA
Stress and trauma specialist
Professional Member, International Stress Management Association UK
Psychotherapist and Hypnotherapist
Professional training & studies
Gillian trained in the UK as a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist. Following the murder of her best friend, she chose to work with and support victims of crime and families of murder victims and took the relevant UK government training programs. She is a master practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming and certified in hypnotherapy with British Hypnosis Research (UK) and the National Guild of Hypnotists (US). In addition, Gillian is a professional member of the International Stress Management Association UK.
When working with victims of crime and many of her clients, Gillian felt that they would be able to cope better if they could handle stress. So she studied the effects of stress and trauma on the mind, body and emotions, and has researched a variety of ways to alleviate the symptoms and build stress resilience – including nutrition and educational kinesiology. She is also a Reiki Master.
Gillian has specialized in stress and trauma for more than 25 years.
Gillian practiced within two medical offices in the UK, working with the medical doctors to help their patients. In addition, she has worked within natural health clinics in the UK and Canada.
Having experienced trauma herself, Gillian has been able to ease the impact of her own trauma by applying the same strategies and techniques she shares with her clients. She combines timeless wisdom and cutting-edge research when guiding her clients in person, through her books and programs.
Gillian has travelled extensively, lived in many places (UK, Canada, South America, Norway and the Far East) and is energized by natural beauty and wildlife. She currently lives in the middle of a provincial park in British Columbia, Canada, and is in awe when she sees bears and their cubs, moose, bald eagles and a multitude of birds and small creatures.
Trauma & Stress Relief, Recovery & Resilience for Inner Peace
Recent research shows that:
- 75 percent of people are affected by trauma and 50 percent of them suffer from long- term PTSD, depression, anxiety and other problems.
- Children who experience trauma are more likely to develop cancer and other life-threatening illnesses when they reach middle-age.
- Unresolved trauma trickles down generations genetically.
Because of the often devastating effects of untreated trauma and our increased exposure to traumatic events, Gillian has chosen to specialize in these areas to promote self-empowerment and holistic health.
Gillian has written three books:
Stress Wisdom: The Holistic Approach to Stress
Let Stress Heal Your Life: Uncover Your Amazing Capacity to Thrive
From Trauma to Tranquility: A Guide to Inner Peace
Get Your Life Back
Get Your Life Back Programs
Gillian is the creator of Get Your Life Back Programs, a new ten-week online program introducing protocols and practices to shift from pain, fear and overwhelm to understanding, growth and inner peace.
What some clients have said
“I can cope with anything now.”
“I can do it!”
Some companies, clinics and non-profit organisations for whom Gillian has provided programs for individuals and groups on trauma and stress relief, recovery and resilience:
- Bath Natural Health Clinic, Bath
- British United Provident Association (BUPA)
- Dorset Orthopaedic
- Natural Health Clinic, Bristol
- Pierian Centre, Bristol
- Private Patients Plan (PPP)
- Rush Hill Surgery, Bath
- Victim Support, Merton, SW London, Bath and Bristol
- Weston Surgery, Bath
- West Wiltshire District Council
- Bernard Haldane, Vancouver, BC
- Cancer Agency, Vancouver, BC
- College of Massage Therapists of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
- First Nations Centre, Vernon, BC
- Friends for Life, Vancouver, BC
- Glenayre, Vancouver, BC
- Insurance Corporation of British Columbia (ICBC), Vancouver, BC
- Ministry of Children and Families, Burnaby, BC
- New Westminster CAM Centre, New Westminster, BC
- Roundlake Treatment Centre, North Okanagan, BC
- Sourcepoint Shiatsu Centre, Vancouver, BC
- Squamish Nations, North Vancouver and Squamish, BC
- Telus, Vancouver, BC